Translation & Attestation Association of Taipei
TAAT is an association founded in 1989 in Taipei, Taiwan. TAAT's primary goals include: to serve as an intermediary between its members and the government, fostering and supporting the professional development of its members and promoting the translation and interpreting professions; to provide a platform for research, discussion and innovation, in order that its members may strive to improve the quality of their translation work; and to provide attestation services for its members to ensure that their commercial and legal document translations accord with, and are duly recognized by competent authorities worldwide.
The Association is not so well known in the territory of Taiwan, for reasons such as, the lack of self-promotion, and its unwillingness to resort to PR stunts or to play political games. However, the Association is well respected and influential internationally. For matters relating to immigration, succession, academia, real estate, marriage, etc., which require translation and attestation of official or non-official documents, the Association and its members perform a key role.
The Association currently has fifty associate members. The strength and integrity of our membership derives from the insistence that member companies are staffed with both Western and Chinese linguists and proficient translators. Their Staff are sourced worldwide and possess enormously diverse qualifications, in specialist knowledge, work experience and languages. Today, communication by means of facsimile, email and Internet enables reliable global information exchange and transaction, and therefore the associates are accessible both internationally and domestically here in Taiwan.
TAAT is governed by the Board of Directors - a body elected by voting members. The Board includes nine directors and three supervisors, a secretary and a treasurer, with new directors and supervisors being elected every three years.
•President –FC. Wei Liang/ Syzygy Information Services Co., Ltd./Telephone 2365-0350
• Standing Director - DAI, DI/ Full House Translation Co., Ltd./ Telephone 2740-9008
• Standing Director –Larry / Hong Yan Translation Co., Ltd / Telephone 2365-7723
• Director –Wendy Wu/Prestige Translation Service/ Telephone 2511-0180
• Director –Matte Yang / Chung I Translation Service. / Telephone 2763-7359
• Director –TINA / Hong Yan Translation Co., Ltd / Telephone 2365-7723
• Director - MarK．Power．/ PINCHIEH LANGUAGE SERVICES CO., LTD./ Telephone 0800500088
• Director - Isabelle Wu/Wish Omakase International Co., Ltd. / Telephone2515-0111
• Director -James/HUA-SUO TRANSLATION SERVICE COMPANY LTD./2369-0932
• Standing Supervisor - Landy Tung/Chung Hua Translation Service/ Telephone 8773-2626
• Supervisor - Elina Huang / Express Translation Service / Telephone 2331-7110
• Supervisor -Steven Li/Ya Hsin Translation Service/ Telephone 2382-1155
The following directors have served as presidents of the TAAT:
Lake Hu, Square Fang, Charles Kent Wang, Patrick Lee, Hsu Li-Hsing, and DAI, DI
Please note: TAAT is not an agency for translation and interpretation services. Please contact its members directly using the information in "TAAT Members' Information" pages.